Thank you for stopping by my blog. This is my first dip into the blogging trench, started out of my curiosity to know what actually is a blog. I try to put here my readings from various sources; books, blogs, sites. I also grab stuff from here & there and try to showcase it in my own style here. If you'd like my scribblings, please subscribe to my full text RSS feeds.


Currently I am experimenting a few new features on my blog, like Peekaboo and Post Summary; the reason for the slight distortion you see. I am hoping to frame up these soon, please bear with me!




Flock is a web browser heavily based upon Mozilla Firefox and other Mozilla technologies. Flock is also the name of the company developing the browser. Flock's creators call it a

social browser
owing to its ability to interact with popular social networking web services. Such web services include Flickr, Del.icio.us, Technorati, Photobucket and various popular blogging and news aggregation services.



The current beta release has the following feature differences from Firefox:

1. Flock's custom homepage, "My World", tells you when your friends have new photos and videos and when you have new feeds. My World gives quick access to your recently visited favorite sites as well.
2. Bookmarks, in addition to being saved offline, can be replaced with Del.icio.us. When a bookmark (known as a favorite) is added, it is added to the user's del.icio.us account.
3. Favorites can be tagged
4. A favorites and history section are integrated into the favorites manager
5. Built-in full-text search using Clucene. Search as you type for pages in the cache
6. Flickr and Photobucket integration
7. Technorati tagging
8. Blogging tools
9. News aggregator
10. "Drag-and-drop" capability and a clipboard like feature known as "The Shelf."
11. Media Mini Bar allows you to search, stream, and view content off of sites like YouTube and Truveo.
12. Built in uploader, to submit content to Flickr and Photobucket

Flock links for more info:
Flock homepage
Flock Wiki
Unofficial Flock screenshots
List of Flock Extensions

source:wiki


0 DWine Insight(s):

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.