Thank you for stopping by my blog. This is my first dip into the blogging trench, started out of my curiosity to know what actually is a blog. I try to put here my readings from various sources; books, blogs, sites. I also grab stuff from here & there and try to showcase it in my own style here. If you'd like my scribblings, please subscribe to my full text RSS feeds.


Currently I am experimenting a few new features on my blog, like Peekaboo and Post Summary; the reason for the slight distortion you see. I am hoping to frame up these soon, please bear with me!




I didn't know till date that Google's instant messenger, Google Talk, more popular as GTalk, also helps to learn English language through its chat module.



Yup, you read it right. As of now, there are 10 language conversions available on GTalk. 9 of these conversions help converting a foreign language to English while 1 helps convert English to Chinese. If you already run GTalk, go ahead and test these language converters. Add these, what do you call these by the way...errrr...translators, language bots, transbots...sounds nice...add these 'transbots' to your buddy list and start chatting in foreign languages in no time...zip-zap-zoom!

  • ENGLISH to CHINESE - en2zh@bot.talk.google.com
  • ARGENTINA to ENGLISH - ar2en@bot.talk.google.com
  • GERMAN to ENGLISH - de2en@bot.talk.google.com
  • SPANISH to ENGLISH - es2en@bot.talk.google.com
  • FRENCH to ENGLISH - fr2en@bot.talk.google.com
  • ITALIAN to ENGLISH - it2en@bot.talk.google.com
  • JAPANESE to ENGLISH - ja2en@bot.talk.google.com
  • KOREAN to ENGLISH - ko2en@bot.talk.google.com
  • NETHERLANDS to ENGLISH - nl2en@bot.talk.google.com
  • RUSSIAN to ENGLISH - ru2en@bot.talk.google.com
Though I have not tested all, you can go ahead and comment back here. I might have missed some or posted something that might not be working. Also, you can try some other possible combinations like the following:

  • ENGLISH to ESPANOL - en2es@bot.talk.google.com
  • ENGLISH to FRENCH - en2fr@bot.talk.google.com
  • ENGLISH to ITALIAN - en2it@bot.talk.google.com
  • ENGLISH to JAPANESE - en2ja@bot.talk.google.com
  • ENGLISH to KOREAN - en2ko@bot.talk.google.com
  • ENGLISH to RUSSIAN - en2ru@bot.talk.google.com
OK...OK...I'll also tell you how to do it. Say you wish to learn Chinese. Add 'en2zh@bot.talk.google.com' to your buddy list. It goes green instantly showing that it is available for chat. Now type something, say 'How are you today?' The bot shall reply with an equivalent in Chinese. Nice, isn't it?

[via]


Digg!


0 DWine Insight(s):

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.